Your wedding date is scheduled, the ceremony location and reception hall are reserved, not to mention some of your other wedding services. Congratulations, you think that your major wedding decisions are actually made right? Well, not exactly! Anyone could assume that looking for a great DJ for your wedding would be as common as a search on the internet, asking one or two friends and checking some DJ websites. Of course, most DJ’s will be acceptable for your wedding right? However, there is a large distinction between some DJ’s and DJ companies. Certainly not just from the price of the DJ service, but also in the quality.
How do we evaluate what wedding DJ to pick? We’ve taken our years of experience to compile a list of the top 10 questions you should ask a possible DJ company. These questions are especially vital and sometimes overlooked. Making sure these questions get answered can help you tell the difference in the standard of DJ’s you are looking at for the wedding.
1. Are they insured fully for both liability and theft coverage? We estimate that most DJ’s are not properly insured with a business insurance policy! In addition, a large number of wedding reception locations are requiring evidence of insurance from the DJ.
2. Exactly how long has the wedding disc jockey company been in business?
3. Will the potential disc jockey use a written contract? Can this agreement be worded fairly for both parties? Note: A DJ performance contract needs to have simple, clear and understandable language and be no more than a couple pages. If it feels like you are buying a house using a long, difficult to understand contract, we advise choosing a different wedding DJ.
4. Are going to they organize and announce the bridal events, first dance, etc.? Will they be your MC in your wedding?
5. Could they play interactive games and dances with the guests if you desire that? Can these games and interactions be up to date? If they mention the hokey pokey or Macarenakeep looking for other DJs!
6. What makes them better or totally different from other wedding DJ companies?
7. If the DJ becomes ill, has a vehicle breakdown, a child’s emergency or for whatever reason can’t get to the wedding, what’s the back-up plan? Is there an experienced DJ to take their place in a moments notice?
8. Are they experienced? Exactly how many wedding dances have they done?
9. In case there’s an equipment problem, do they have backup equipment located on site?
10. Can they offer you complete references with names, emails, numbers, etc. of past wedding clients?
Every one of your questions or concerns must be addressed by the potential DJ. As soon as you make a decision on the company you want for your wedding entertainment, it is advisable to reserve that date quickly. Why? Because some of the popular DJ’s are booked years in advance on busy wedding dates. If you wait, you may have to settle for your second or third choice. Good luck on your hunt for a great DJ and congratulations for your upcoming wedding!
By Tom Kenemore, Pro Sound & Light Show DJs & Uplighting, Duluth, Minnesota. For more advice and tips on wedding planning, check out Wedding DJ Minnesota. Pro Sound & Light Show DJ’s & Uplighting provide award winning Minnesota Wedding DJs as well as wedding DJ’s and Uplighting in Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan.
From the Webmaster:
"Having the opportunity to share my hobbies and interests with so many people around the world gives me great satisfaction. As a bonus, I blog and produce websites about topics that interest me and receive ad revenue from the websites and Blogs."
You can live like this too. Get your domain name and set up a blog on your favorite place or topic. No come-ons. No "Get-Rich-Quick" promises. The results are worth the time and effort needed to build a REAL business.You can start your first or your fiftieth Blog or website to build long- term, ever-growing profits that can take you where you want to go.
For less than $10 dollars a year for a domain name and $3.95 a month for basic blog hosting you can start to earn from your hobby or interest. To begin, Click here to sign up for a domain name and Blog hosting .
Or, Click here to learn more about starting a blog or website for profit.